[LCA2015-Chat] Options for Mobile Broadband

Chris Deigan chris at deigan.id.au
Sun Dec 14 20:57:31 EST 2014

On Fri, Dec 12, 2014 at 2:07 PM, George Patterson
<george.patterson at gmail.com> wrote:
> What are our options for mobile broadband? I assume that the NZ 4G bands are
> the same as in AU.

Yeap. I just returned from Wellington and was using vodafone NZ 4G
(via roaming from vodafone AU) on my iPhone.

> I have a Huawei E5372 which was locked to the Telstra 4G network. Link:
> http://huaweimobile.com.au/e5372-4g-wifi-hotspot/

I'd suggest contacting Telstra about unlocking it. It will probably
work fine in NZ once it's unlocked.

I have my eye on vodafone NZ's $30 prepaid broadband sim, which comes
with 5GB data on activation:
http://www.vodafone.co.nz/mobile-broadband/prepay/

-Chris.