[LCA2015-Chat] keysigning party

Aníbal Monsalve Salazar anibal at debian.org
Wed Dec 17 21:36:25 EST 2014

On Tue, 2014-12-16 21:20:32 +1300, Lin Nah wrote:
> On Tue, Dec 16, 2014 at 8:40 PM, Fraser Tweedale <frase at frase.id.au> wrote:
>
>> I will facilitiate a keysigning party during linux.conf.au 2015.
>> Date and details will be sorted out in coming weeks but in the
>> meantime please submit your keys at https://frase.id.au/lca2015 .
>
> FYI Daniel Sobey started this page on the lca2015 wiki.
> https://linux.conf.au/wiki/keysigning
>
> P.S. a plug for my graphical OpenPGP signing assistant, gcaff:
>>      https://github.com/frasertweedale/gcaff

Hello Fraser,

May I suggest to include *only* 4K (or larger) RSA keys for the LCA2015
keysigning party?

For the keysigning party during DebConf 2014 in Portland, we decided to
not accept DSA keys, as they are now considered weak.

http://plog.sesse.net/blog/tech/2008-05-14-17-21_some_maths.html

The webpage above describe some maths about two DSA attacks. The one
below is about best practices for your key,

https://help.riseup.net/en/security/message-security/openpgp/best-practices

Cheers,

Aníbal