[LCA2015-Chat] [Chat] Flying with soldering irons

Bruce Clement bruce at gnuzealand.com
Tue Dec 23 19:20:56 EST 2014

> > On 23 Dec 2014, at 16:50, Luke Weston <reindeerflotilla at gmail.com>
> wrote:
> > If only there were some sort of consistent worldwide standard for
> > interchangable soldering tips. Hah, yeah right!

The  weird thing about this, to me, was that last time I wielded a
soldering iron for a serious purpose (circa 1977) there really was only 1
design of soldering iron tips in each size & I only recall 3 sizes.

I'm picking from the conversation that soldering iron makers have studied
Gillette in the interim.

--
Bruce Clement

Home:    http://www.clement.co.nz/
Twitter:    http://twitter.com/Bruce_Clement

"Before attempting to create something new, it is vital to have a good
appreciation of everything that already exists in this field." Mikhail
Kalashnikov