[LCA2015-Chat] Options for Mobile Broadband

Michael Neuling mikey at neuling.org
Fri Dec 12 13:06:12 EST 2014

On Fri, 2014-12-12 at 12:07 +1100, George Patterson wrote:
> Just writing up a to do list for Auckland...
>

> What are our options for mobile broadband? I assume that the NZ 4G
> bands are the same as in AU.

This site is pretty useful when travelling:
  http://prepaidwithdata.wikia.com/wiki/New_Zealand
(I've not used used it for NZ personally)

The 2Degrees option looked ok, especially with:
                You can often get a free 2degrees SIM at Visitor
                Information at Auckland international airport (it's near
                the door)

Vodafone seemed to have smaller data packs, which might be more cost
effective for a short LCA stay.

Mikey