[LCA2015-Chat] [Chat] Flying with soldering irons

Bruce Clement bruce at gnuzealand.com
Wed Dec 24 14:20:10 EST 2014

On Wed, Dec 24, 2014 at 10:07 AM, Mark Foster <
mark.foster at lca2015.linux.org.au> wrote:

>  Another vote for Surplustronics, definately worth looking at. Jaycar
> aren't bad, but (dare I say it) they're a lot more like DSE used to be,
> than they used to be.

Jaycar also seem not to be strong on low prices.

> http://www.surplustronics.co.nz/

To save search time on their site:
http://www.surplustronics.co.nz/categories/104-soldering-irons-stations

> Note their address is 520 Queen St; not 'Upper Queen St' which is on the
> other side of Karangahape Rd.  It's probably a 20 minute walk to the venue
> from there.
>

> (DSE themselves are a joke these days, in case anyone was wondering; I say
> this as a former employee...)

DSE is no-longer a ham / hobbiest outlet and hasn't been since the
supermarket chain that owned it decided to repurpose it.

--
Bruce Clement

Home:    http://www.clement.co.nz/
Twitter:    http://twitter.com/Bruce_Clement

"Before attempting to create something new, it is vital to have a good
appreciation of everything that already exists in this field." Mikhail
Kalashnikov