[LCA2015-Chat] Moving to New Zealand

Lin Nah lin.nah at gmail.com
Mon Feb 23 22:20:13 AEDT 2015

A couple of things that you may be interested in. Some of them I came
across when looking for the info for the lca2015 wiki
https://linux.conf.au/wiki/Consulates

1. If you are Australian.
a. Website for Australian High Commission in NZ
http://www.newzealand.embassy.gov.au/wltn/home.html

It also includes info on the Australian Consulate General office in
Auckland.

They also have a section for Australians in NZ
http://www.nzembassy.com/australia/relationship-between-new-zealand-and-australia/australians-new-zealand

b. Travel Advice for NZ
http://smartraveller.gov.au/zw-cgi/view/Advice/New_Zealand

Info like the Health tab is relevant for Australians coming to NZ to live.
For example there's a reciprocal health agreement between Aust and NZ.

2. From UK or Aust
The reciprocal Agreement for Health is summarised in
http://www.health.govt.nz/new-zealand-health-system/eligibility-publicly-funded-health-services/reciprocal-health-agreements

3. US Citizen services in NZ
US Embassy in NZ's web site http://newzealand.usembassy.gov/
US Consulate office in Auckland
http://newzealand.usembassy.gov/american_citizen.html

http://newzealand.usembassy.gov/service2.html lists services for US citizens

4. Most other countries have their own consulate websites with info for
citizens in NZ as well as ppl wishing to travel/work etc in their country
MFAT page allows you to search for the page
http://www.mfat.govt.nz/Embassies/2-Foreign-representatives-to-NZ/Diplomatic-and-Consular-List.php

regards
lin