[LCA2015-Chat] Train to Wellington - Saturday 17 January

Athol Wilson athol at abcom.co.nz
Sun Jan 4 16:24:57 EST 2015

Did this trip last year - its a long day as the speeds are often low,
but very enjoyable.
Be aware that passing lanes are not frequent and other trains can upset
the timetable.
We arrived about 3 hours late after another train broke down (they gave
us free Coffee and ice creams near the end though) so allow plenty of
time for onward connections.
There are 230V AC outlets at most seats so remember to keep
PSU's/chargers with hand luggage.