[LCA2015-Chat] laundry

Steve Walsh steve at nerdvana.org.au
Mon Jan 5 09:48:16 EST 2015

On 01/05/2015 01:52 AM, Russell Coker wrote:
> What are the laundry options like at LCA?  I'm staying at the Uni Halls and if
> convenient I'd like to wash some clothes half way through the conference so I
> can reduce the weight of my bag.
>
> Will there be washing machines that are conveniently accessible outside the
> conference hours?  Machines that are available 9-5 aren't much good.  Will
> there be detergent provided or on sale cheaply?  I guess I can't bring a white
> powder from Australia...

Rather counter-intuitively, even though LCA has two venues called Fisher
and Paykel, there won't be washing facilities at the LCA venue itself.

Carlaw park website states "A large laundry room equipped with
coin-operated washers, dryers and ironing facilities and is located
behind reception."

University Hall website states "A large laundry is located on the
basement level, equipped with coin operated washing machines and dryers."