[LCA2015-Chat] Shuttle from Airport

David Go davidgo at ipayroll.co.nz
Mon Jan 5 16:01:53 EST 2015

The bus is a reasonably good deal - one of the Airbus Express (Airport Bus Service) runs down Symonds street and stops pretty close to the University.  Also, to compare apples with apple, an adult fair is $28 return if you do it like that.   Bus are also quite frequent.  (I've caught this bus a few times).  The url for this service is http://www.airbus.co.nz.  Also, traffic in Auckland can be unpredictable and pretty bad -if you need to commute anytime near rush hour the bus will be faster asthere are bus lanes for part of the trip.

Last time I took a taxi from near Symonds street to the airport it only cost about $45.   Looking at http://www.discounttaxis.co.nz it appears they are offring flat rate pricing of $35-$40  to/from the city - if that rate is correct, its a much better deal then a shuttle, which often stop along the way and waste time.   ( I confessed to being biased against shuttles, which strike me as being overpriced for what they do)

Cheers,
David

On Mon, 5 Jan 2015 15:40:58 +1100, Mark Walkom wrote
> There's also choppers, maybe we can just get one of those :p
> http://www.aucklandairport.co.nz/ToAndFromTheAirport/Helicopters.aspx
>
> On 5 January 2015 at 15:39, Mark Walkom <mark at walkom.id.au> wrote:
>

> I noticed that it's ~$80 for a taxi and $35 for a shuttle, each way, which is a bit expensive. There is a public bus that is $16 though.
>
> And last year there was an LCA shuttle from the Airport to the general LCA area. Is something planned for this year as well?

David Go
Infrastructure Engineer
iPayroll Ltd

Phone  +64 9 377 1517 ext 710
Mobile +64 21 889 809
Fax    +64 9 377 1529

Main Phone +64 9 377 1517   Fax +64 9 377 1529   Website  www.ipayroll.co.nz
Address  iPayroll Ltd, Level 6, 38 Whitaker Place, Grafton, Auckland, NZ