[LCA2015-Chat] Important: NZ Biosecurity + prohibited items

Amanda Jackson amanda.jackson at lca2015.linux.org.au
Tue Jan 6 19:07:49 EST 2015

I agree with Eyal. I only ever put enough prescription meds in my carry-on
as is needed for the trip. Then again, needles aren't very welcome in carry
on luggage.  :-D

BTW - bit of plane info from a plane geek who's grown up around very large
planes - aft cargo bays on most passenger jets have pressurised and
temperature controlled environments, on Boeings all holds are pressurised
(not sure about temp control though) and it's generally only a little
colder than the cabin (which would suit me as it's always too blooming
hot). Otherwise all those pets being transported in the hold would die.
I'm guessing delicate goods also go in the pressurised cargo bay - so you
could perhaps flag delicate medications as such.

On Tue, Jan 6, 2015 at 8:32 PM, Eyal Lebedinsky <lca at eyal.emu.id.au> wrote:

> On 06/01/15 17:35, Marc MERLIN wrote:
>
>> On Tue, Jan 06, 2015 at 01:10:27PM +0800, Andrew Buckeridge wrote:
>>
>>> Take 1/2 the meds in your hand luggage in case checked luggage goes
>>> missing. It's easier to declare legal prescription medicines if you
>>> have some of each in hand luggage.
>>>

>> Uh?
>>
>> Do not check any medication ever, always keep it in your carry on.
>>

> I disagree Marc, Andrew is right. Take a *full* trip supply in checked
> luggage and a second set in carry on (with the relevant doco). Unless
> the medication cannot accept the very cold (at times freezing) condition
> in the cargo bay.
>
> And naturally this apply only to important medication.
>
> Eyal
>
>  Marc
>>

> --
> Eyal Lebedinsky (lca at eyal.emu.id.au)