[LCA2015-Chat] Important: NZ Biosecurity + prohibited items

Marc MERLIN marc at merlins.org
Wed Jan 7 00:37:35 EST 2015

On Tue, Jan 06, 2015 at 09:33:38PM +1100, Eyal Lebedinsky wrote:

> >>I disagree Marc, Andrew is right. Take a *full* trip supply in checked
> >>luggage and a second set in carry on (with the relevant doco). Unless
> >>the medication cannot accept the very cold (at times freezing) condition
> >>in the cargo bay.
> >
> >And why would you ever want to check it in?
> >I don't get it, and you didn't explain why.
>
> True, I should have explained.
> The idea is that if one lot is lost the other remains. It is my plan B.

My plan is not to lose my carry on. If I lose it, I have bigger problems
than my medication :)

That said, if your medication is very important to your health, have it
in your clothes. Checking it in is a distant backup to having someone
fedex you new medication overnight (which I've had to do for someone
after luggage was delayed 2 days with medication inside, or my own
personal luggage delayed 6 times, up to one week once, but I never put
medication in it).

Marc
--
Microsoft is to operating systems ....