[LCA2015-Chat] reply-to all on lists always was broken and still is broken, please revert

Mark Foster mark.foster at lca2015.linux.org.au
Mon Jan 12 19:47:57 EST 2015

I would go so far as to say that any MUA where you cant manually update the recipient list is more broken than the mailing list config.

Reply direct causes many recipients to receIve multiple copies of measages in a thread as theyll get the list copy as well as the direct one.

If the mailing list is intended to be conversational I tend to revert to what is most commonly used and thus most convenient. Reply-list it is for me personally and many others I know.

I too have run and hosted many mailing lists over many years and I humbly suggest that the list host/administrator gets to configure this as they prefer, and calling their preferred system broken merely because your preferences are different, is unfair.

Mark.
(Speaking personally only)

Sent from Samsung Mobile