[LCA2015-Chat] For Attendees with Special dietary requirements

Tom Eastman tom at eastman.net.nz
Mon Jan 12 20:54:24 EST 2015

On 12/01/15 13:23, Peter Lawler wrote:

> Dear Lin,
> My dietary requirement per registration [1]
>
> What I received today [2]
>
> Yours in somewhat bemused speechlessness,

Two quick thoughts:

1. People often answer with a one-word response about what they *can't*
eat. Like "Wheat" or "Shellfish", and so naturally the organizers will
err on the side of caution.

2. Putting a joke response in the dietary requirements field of a
conference registration actively makes it harder for the conference
organizers to protect peoples health.

When I'm faced with the dietary requirements field, I just thank my
lucky stars that I'm someone who, if faced with a trace of wheat or a
peanut in their meal, will NOT end up in hospital for the rest of the
conference, and I leave it blank.

Cheers,

     Tom