[LCA2015-Chat] For Attendees with Special dietary requirements

daro daro at posteo.de
Tue Jan 13 14:33:43 EST 2015

Are you seriously surprised? How many people have principled reasons to
ask for no reason, and how many legitimate ones for asking for lots?

Daniel

On Tue, 13 Jan 2015 16:30:49 +1300
Peter Lawler <lca2015-chat at bleeter.id.au> wrote:

|On 13/01/15 07:25, Amanda Jackson wrote:
|>   These meals are prepared
|> separately and carefully, but again, they aren't going to list every
single |> thing on the label, there isn't room for some of them, they
will just put |> your name and the main item.

|I can't help but think of what Eben talked about this morning, that
|Freedom and Transparency in all things is important. I'm not intending
|to single out this conference, or the catering provided. But along the
|lines of what Tabitha and Jim mentioned in this thread, it's a problem
|across the entire food industry and it behooves us as Freedom and
|Transparency technology advocates to encourage those who prepare the
|food we eat (among the many many other items in our society) to be
Free |and Transparent as well.

|> Some of the food requests on the site were a little on the frivolous
side - |> i.e. Food requirement - beersies, bacon. Special requirements
- - more |> beersies, more bacon. And so on... yeah, we may have ignored
those ones. |> ;-)  However, rest assured, there will be beer available
at the events. Not |> sure about the bacon though.

|Although I posted originally in jest, I'm still amused from a
|social-hacking perspective that my attempt to receive as much bacon as
|possible has been converted (presumably due to a misunderstanding of
my |intention without checking) as a request for no bacon whatsoever.