[LCA2015-Chat] Wanted to borrow: HDMI cable, USB keyboard, breadboard wires

Angus Gratton gus at projectgus.com
Tue Jan 13 21:55:51 EST 2015

On Tue, Jan 13, 2015 at 10:38:19AM +0000, Stephen Donnelly wrote:
> Couldn't you just bring the dedicated AP from the workshop, and run the same SSID?

This is more of a long term plan for the rest of the week, because I
think letting people easily tinker with their robots anywhere in the
conference vicinity will be fun.

It may not be possible though. Despite taking what we thought were
careful precautions we wound up with a fairly new and unpleasant WiFi
chipset (MT7601) in the dongles we supplied, and at first glance it
seems like the available vendor-authored driver doesn't work properly
with enterprise WPA. But I want to be sure![1]

- Angus

PS Thanks heaps to the folks who offered items on & off list, will
follow up shortly.

PPS Also, on the offchance anyone reading this is a Linux WiFi expert
who loves debugging horrific vendor-supplied code. Any help welcome!
:)