[LCA2015-Chat] RFC Parenting Miniconf at lca2016

Robyn Willison robyn at robynspcs.com
Tue Jan 20 12:32:49 AEDT 2015

There are versions for Linux, Android, MacOSX and Windows it appears the
Android version has a small cost and the others are free.

Let your teachers know that this software is LEGAL to copy and give away.

 From their website http://gcompris.net/index-en.html

GCompris is a high quality educational software suite comprising of
numerous activities for children aged 2 to 10.

Some of the activities are game orientated, but nonetheless still
educational.

Below you can find a list of categories with some of the activities
available in that category.

computer discovery: keyboard, mouse, different mouse gestures, ...
arithmetic: table memory, enumeration, double entry table, mirror image, ...
science: the canal lock, the water cycle, the submarine, electric
simulation ...
geography: place the country on the map
games: chess, memory, connect 4, oware, sudoku ...
reading: reading practice
other: learn to tell time, puzzle of famous paintings, vector drawing,
cartoon making, ...

Currently GCompris offers in excess of 100 activities and more are being
developed. GCompris is free software, that means that you can adapt it
to your own needs, improve it and, most importantly, share it with
children everywhere.

Robyn