[LCA2015-Chat] un-ripping a DVD

Ryan Verner ryan.verner at gmail.com
Thu Jan 22 10:02:10 AEDT 2015

I'm curious how well that works for these LCA videos, as the original files
are actually WebM (so if you're getting h264 mpeg4 files then you're
getting what YT's servers have re-encoded) .

My normal workflow is to encode high quality h.264, shoot that to Youtube,
and then later do WebM/ogv/etc versions for archiving, but as we knew the
demand for the videos on the LCA mirror is high we instead encoded to
archival quality WebM and shot that same file to both YT and the mirror(s)
as rapidly as possible.