[LCA2015-Chat] Tmobile in Auckland?

David Go davidgo at ipayroll.co.nz
Mon Jan 5 09:55:37 EST 2015

2 Degrees coverage is quite good - where they do not have coverage they piggy
back on Vodafone. Being in the CBD, Spark coverage is also good - although
they do use different bands to 2 degrees and Vodafone.

All the telcos have network maps that are reasonably accurate -

Check out Vodafones at http://www.vodafone.co.nz/network/coverage/
2 Degrees is at http://www.2degreesmobile.co.nz/why-2degrees/coverage/
Skinnys network map is at http://www.skinny.co.nz/coverage/ (and I'm pretty
sure its identical to Sparks as its the same company)

Cheers,
David

On Mon, 5 Jan 2015 10:48:15 +1300, Michael Schmitz wrote
> Josh,
>
> who did T-mobile peer with for roaming in NZ on your last visit -
> Telecom NZ or Vodafone NZ?
>
> Vodafone 3G coverage around the university is pretty good, no idea
> about Spark (formerly Telecom) or 2degees. I can ask around on the
> uni tech list for specifics.
>
> Note that there will be good WiFi coverage at the venue.
>
> Cheers,
>
>   Michael
>
> On Mon, Jan 5, 2015 at 10:29 AM, Josh Berkus <josh at postgresql.org> wrote:
> > All,
> >
> > Doesn anyone know how well Tmobile works around the Uni in Auckland?  I
> > have international service, but IIRC my coverage in Wellington back in
> > 2010 wasn't great.
> >
> > --Josh Berkus

David Go
Infrastructure Engineer