[LCA2015-Chat] Boarding pass - 4th box empty, what should it contain?

Andrew Buckeridge andrewb at zagam.net
Wed Jan 7 16:19:52 EST 2015

On Wed, 7 Jan 2015 02:20:29 +0000
Mark Smith <Mark.Smith at emulex.com> wrote:

> Me too.  I didn't think much about it though.  the barcode is there and everything else seems in order.

4th box on RHS is empty on mine too.

My printer bombs with Xpdf. Took too long with gv and gs. So used gs to
make g3 and then encapsulated in new PeDoFile so that I could then
print it with Xpdf. Bar code will have been rendered at 200dpi or
8 line/mm. Probably won't work.

QRs work well and cryptographically sign record with GPG that you QR.
Only airline knows secret, public keys issues by airline, see:

#!/bin/sh
# Example only
gpg --clearsign \
--passphrase-file ~/.sign/passphrase <~/.sign/D3572FAE_pub.asc | \
qrencode -8o- >/tmp/D3572FAE.png

The signed record in this case is my public key for the one used to
sign it. Classic geek chicken-egg. I could attach and sign, but it's a
waste of space.