[LCA2015-Chat] Weather - was Uni Halls facilities

David Go davidgo at ipayroll.co.nz
Thu Jan 8 10:29:57 EST 2015

Its very difficult to forcast the weather correctly for Auckland.  Generally the 1-day forecast is accurate - but anything beyond 5 days is little more then a guess. (in Dec 2013 Forcast accuracy fell to less then 60% 7 days out)  Statistically, while it rains less in summer then Winter here over the course of a week I'd typically expect some rain - Typically (but not always) it will be of short duration and you can wait it out [ 10-30 minutes ] if you have thebad luck to need to go somewhere when its raining.

Also, the rain often falls sideways here (close to anyway), making an umbrella less useful then in most other places.   If in doubt, a light rain jacket is ideal.

Cheers,
David
On Thu, 8 Jan 2015 11:58:05 +1300, Amanda Jackson wrote
> This map will take you out 14 days on temperature. http://www.weatherwatch.co.nz/forecast-maps/temperature
>
> On Thu, Jan 8, 2015 at 11:56 AM, Amanda Jackson <amanda.jackson at lca2015.linux..org.au> wrote:
>
> Mind you - with Auckland, plan for rain as well. Maybe pack a brolly to keep the t-shirt and shorts dry.  :-)
>
> On Thu, Jan 8, 2015 at 11:56 AM, Amanda Jackson <amanda.jackson at lca2015.linux.org.au> wrote:
>

> Yup, looks like it's getting hotter.  26 degrees forecast for Saturday.
>
> http://www.weatherwatch.co.nz/forecasts/auckland
>
> On Thu, Jan 8, 2015 at 11:53 AM, Russell Coker <russell at coker.com.au> wrote:
> On Thu, 8 Jan 2015, Amanda Jackson <amanda.jackson at lca2015.linux.org.au>
> wrote:
> > Also, it's really horribly humid here at the moment - I'm currently best
> > friends with the aircon unit. It's not overly hot, allegedly around 23
> > degrees, but feels around 50 degrees with all the drippy wet humidity.
>
> Can we expect it to be like that all week?  Should I just plan to wear shorts
> and t-shirt all week?
>
> --
> My Main Blog         http://etbe.coker.com.au/
> My Documents Blog    http://doc.coker.com.au/
>

> --
>
> Toodle pip
>

> --
>
> Toodle pip
>

> --
>
> Toodle pip

David Go
Infrastructure Engineer
iPayroll Ltd

Phone  +64 9 377 1517 ext 710
Mobile +64 21 889 809
Fax    +64 9 377 1529

Main Phone +64 9 377 1517   Fax +64 9 377 1529   Website  www.ipayroll.co.nz
Address  iPayroll Ltd, Level 6, 38 Whitaker Place, Grafton, Auckland, NZ