[LCA2015-Chat] Wifi and meetings

Mark Foster mark.foster at lca2015.linux.org.au
Fri Jan 9 18:44:47 EST 2015

On 9/01/2015 11:51 a.m., Jonathan Woithe wrote:
> Hi Mark
>
> On Fri, Jan 09, 2015 at 11:39:27AM +1300, Mark Foster wrote:
>> We will communicate in greater detail in the next day or so, however my
>> understanding /at this point/ is that our Conference Wifi will be available
>> at any of the City Campus locations as shown on the map on this page:
>>
>> http://www.library.auckland.ac.nz/services/it-essentials/internet-and-wireless/wireless-access#coverage
>>
>> The University Halls appear on the above map as 'Elam Halls' and are not
>> shown to have Wifi.
>> So at the Uni Halls you will be able to use Wired networking.
> No problem - thanks very much for this information.

As of later this afternoon, the situation has changed again.
The Uni Halls have full Wifi including the Conference wifi.
The Wired networks 'should' work - but 'may not'.

The background to this is that there was always the intent to set up the
Wifi at the Uni Halls and it appears it has only just been finished (in
the last few days perhaps), so we've lucked out a bit here. It wasn't
originally going to be done on time for conference.

Mark.