[LCA2015-Chat] Wifi and meetings

Jonathan Woithe jwoithe at atrad.com.au
Fri Jan 9 09:51:06 EST 2015

Hi Mark

On Fri, Jan 09, 2015 at 11:39:27AM +1300, Mark Foster wrote:
> We will communicate in greater detail in the next day or so, however my
> understanding /at this point/ is that our Conference Wifi will be available
> at any of the City Campus locations as shown on the map on this page:
>
> http://www.library.auckland.ac.nz/services/it-essentials/internet-and-wireless/wireless-access#coverage
>
> The University Halls appear on the above map as 'Elam Halls' and are not
> shown to have Wifi.
> So at the Uni Halls you will be able to use Wired networking.

No problem - thanks very much for this information.

> There will be some official comms to registered delegates and speakers about
> the Internet connectivity options generated in the next 24 hours or so.

I'll keep an eye out.  However, since I commence travel within 24 hours the
above might not quite land in my inbox in time so I appreciate the info
you've provided.  I'll ensure I have an ethernet lead, won't expect wifi in
the accommodation in any form, but will keep in mind that the situation is
subject to change.

jonathan