[LCA2015-Chat] Auckland museum

Lin Nah lin.nah at gmail.com
Sat Jan 10 19:23:07 EST 2015

I recommend the Auckland Museum, both to adults + kids.
Web page http://www.aucklandmuseum.com/
Google+ page https://plus.google.com/102147837912034149164/about?hl=en

One of the exhibitions is the World of Wearable Arts awards exhibition.
http://www.aucklandmuseum.com/whats-on/exhibitions/wow-world-of-wearable-art
http://worldofwearableart.com/

There is a Maori Marae there and also maori cultural performances.

The conflict history is also because the Auckland Museum is a war memorial.
It is the main spot for dawn service on ANZAC Day. There's other anzac day
services through out auckland.
http://www.aucklandmuseum.com/war-memorial

My nephews who are now 7 + 5 have enjoyed visiting the museum since they
were able to walk around. They have the weird + wonderful section for kids
http://www.aucklandmuseum.com/visit/our-galleries/first-floor/weird-wonderful
There's also the earthquake home and exhibits showing natural history .
Weird and wonderful has insects (both live + dead), arachnids (dead ones)
and some amphibians (tree frog, gecko)

Being active boys they also like the fact there's lots of steps to go up
and down outside as well as inside. The big guns/cannon out front to climb
on.

* Auckland Domain
Duck pond w ducks. Sensory garden
http://www.aucklandcouncil.govt.nz/en/parksfacilities/premierparks/pages/aucklanddomain.aspx
http://gardenclubofpei.blogspot.co.nz/2013/12/gardens-of-world-auckland-domain-new.html
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Auckland_Domain
https://plus.google.com/108214945342883534590/about?hl=en&gl=nz

* Auckland Domain 2 hr self guided walk with podcast
http://www.parnell.org.nz/Parnell-Trust-Heritage-Walks-podcasts-DOMAIN.htm
If you look towards the bottom of the page above you'll find links to other
walks in the domain
Auckland Museum: Pukekawa - The Domain Volcano Walk
Auckland Museum: Auckland Domain Sculpture Walk
Auckland Museum: Domain Heritage Walk

regards
lin