[LCA2015-Chat] For Attendees with Special dietary requirements

Jim Cheetham jim at gonzul.net
Mon Jan 12 20:24:26 EST 2015

Thanks to the conf for organising this ...
But it wasn't flawless, and as Tabitha says these things are a major
battle for some of us.

I had a named plate at morning tea, but with a description that might
have been accurate, but wasn't sufficient. It said "no dairy", which
is good ... but also a start. I need to avoid other ingredients too,
so I asked the caterer rep, and they had to phone back to get
confirmation. Good, but not ideal.

In the afternoon I didn't have a named plate at all, but some
un-labelled food turned up; again they had to phone back to figure out
whether it was safe to my requirements ...

If we're going to have a system in use, can it please be consistent?
i.e. always named, always with the full requirements listed/asserted?

-jim