[LCA2015-Chat] For Attendees with Special dietary requirements

Peter Lawler lca2015-chat at bleeter.id.au
Tue Jan 13 15:02:19 EST 2015

On 13/01/15 16:36, daro wrote:

> typo: *ask for no bacon*
>

> On Tue, 13 Jan 2015 16:33:43 +1300
> daro <daro at posteo.de> wrote:

> |Are you seriously surprised? How many people have principled reasons to
> |ask for no reason, and how many legitimate ones for asking for lots?
> |
> |Daniel

Seriously? Yes, I am surprised that a request for 'More Bacon' became
'No Bacon' because, as far as I know, More and No are not synonyms.

Given we're talking about a topic as serious as food allergies, it's
clear that if such a misunderstanding can happen in one direction it is
plausible it could happen in the other and *that* should be of concern
(which I believe Amanda addressed sufficiently), not merely dismissed as
some crazy bacon fan simply being trollish.

The joys of poorly worded questions, free form data input and no sanity
checks.

Anyways, I'm done.

Cheers,

Pete.