[LCA2015-Chat] Radio BoF

Mark Foster mark.foster at lca2015.linux.org.au
Wed Jan 14 12:42:02 EST 2015

Vaguely related -
If you're a licensed ham from VK, you can operate on NZ bands without any
other paperwork, for up to 1 month using your own callsign (/ZL on the end).

The 6625 2m repeater (146.625 -600 shift) is pretty awesome coverage wises
(it's in Port Waikato and covers most of Auckland very well) and there's
usually a commute-crowd at rush hour (loosely 8 til 9 and 4.45-5.45).

I won't be around at 8pm but I may throw a call out on 6625 when it's time
to head home from MOTAT with family in tow.

Cheers
ZL1VMF :-)

PS: the 670 repeater has an IRLP node on it I think. 146.700 -600.  None of
our major repeaters use tone squelch on 2m.