[LCA2015-Chat] #IStandWithLinus

Russell Coker russell at coker.com.au
Mon Jan 19 12:49:16 AEDT 2015

On Mon, 19 Jan 2015, sio at tesser.org wrote:
> > Now inspired by the #lca2015 discussion there's a #IStandWithLinus
> > discussion which has more than a bit of overlap with #GamerGate.
>
> I wish I'd had the foresight to not open that. -shudder-

One thing that's interesting to note is that "gamers" are saying things like
"Bloggers who have produced NOTHING feel qualified to criticize the open
source community?".  I really doubt that the GamerGate community includes a
single person who has made any contribution to Linux comparable to Matthew
Garrett.

A significant portion of #IStandWithLinus is about attacking Shanley.  I think
it's noteworthy that they spend more effort attacking a woman than actually
doing what they claim to be doing and defending Linus.