[LCA2015-Chat] SimpleBots on the conference WiFi
thomas.sprinkmeier at gmail.com
Thu Jan 15 04:02:41 EST 2015
On 01/15/15 00:32, Angus Gratton wrote:
> On Wed, Jan 14, 2015 at 01:27:11AM -0800, Stephen Donnelly wrote:
>> Looks like mdns (avahi) is filtered on the LCA2015 network, how can we tell
>> what IP it gets in order to ssh in?
> Anyone? :(
I IPv6 over to talk to my Pies to avoid DHCP hassels.
(disclaimer: this works for me at home but I can't test it here, YMMV, may contain traces of nuts, ...)
- Add "ipv6" to /etc/modules on the Pi.
- "sudo modprobe" to load IPv6 (or better yet reboot to make sure it comes up as you expect)
- "ifconfig wlan0" (assuming the USB WiFi dongle comes up as wlan0) and note down the static IPv6 address for wlan0 (the one starting with fe80::)
- verify IPv6 is enabled on your laptop
- Add an entry like this:
# USB WiFi (note the double-%, assumes your laptop wireless is wlan0)
- "ssh pi" should now connect you to the Raspberry Pi over IPv6 without worrying about DHCP
> Chat mailing list
> Chat at lists.lca2015.linux.org.au
More information about the Chat